Monday, November 30, 2009
Ready for the Holidays
I know some of you might want to kill me for saying that. But it's true - I'm ready and excited for Christmas. Maybe because I'm swiftly approaching that weird transition point of job-hunting-in-this-economy messiness that I'm thinking so fondly of a warm holiday season. There are few things in life that are consistently dependable, but for me, a cozy Christmas in Iowa is a never-fail.
The Thanksgiving trip to Seattle, during which I spent four hilarious days causing trouble and baking pies with my dear friend Angie, helped to get me into the holiday spirit. Thursday morning we trekked a couple hours east of Seattle for a lovely hike in the mountains in search of an alpine lake. My thoughts turned to sugar plums and mistletoe as the elevation increased and the snow grew deeper. By that evening, I was already over Thanksgiving and willing Christmas to arrive ASAP.
This mood is also spurred by my love for holiday music. I typically begin listening to it as soon as it's socially appropriate. I've been a Pandora fanatic since entering grad school and since losing the disposable income to buy new music and being without the knowledge or courage to steal free torrent music off the internets. Right now I'm in a crowded study room full of fantastic soon-to-be public administration and nuclear nonproliferation masters - and I'm secretly listening to the Folk Holiday station on my headset. And this, I say, is magical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment