Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's a-coming!

Actually, if you believe the hype, two things may be a-coming:

1)  A 60 year old Russian researcher and analyst says that he predicted the American financial crisis and that it will escalate into a full-on breakdown of the United States.  He forecasts that socio-ethnic-economic divides will split the nation into six sectors - the Pacific (because of the Chinese immigrants, he says), the South (because of the Hispanics, he says), Texas (because of currently rejuvenated annexation movements), the East Coast (because of the uppity intellectuals?), the "five poorer central states with their large Native American populations" (Whaat?), and the northern states, where Canada's influence is strong.  

Thoughts?

I've been wondering whether Iowa falls into the poorest group of five (left by default to the Native Americans.  Again, they get the choicest parts!) or to the northern states under the influence of Canada.  Are Iowans secretly dying to pick up a hockey stick, some Lebatts, socialized medicine, and a faux-French accent?  I just don't knooow.  

2) Christmas!  This one's guaranteed.  I've been listening to this album in anticipation of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.  And I've been wearing scarves in the 65 degree weather.  

On my To Do List this week: Ice skating at Monterey's outdoor rink near the wharf.  As I type I'm trying to imagine that the sea lion barks I hear are really reindeer calls.  To me.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you were ever going to get this going again. Good to hear what you are up to. Keep it going.
Love,
Jason