Sunday, November 16, 2008

Re-fired up! Ready to go!


Only three months later...
I've strong doubts that anyone is actually still checking this blog (there's been nothing new to read since August), but I thought I'd fire her up once again to get my creative juices flowing and expose my (perhaps unwilling) friends and family to the joys of work and play in Monterey, California.  I'm well over three-quarters of the way through my second semester at the Monterey Institute with plenty of adventures to share and more than enough world issues to expound upon. 

Those who know me best may be expecting me to gloat about the recent power-snag by the Obama/Biden ticket and the legions of Democrats elected to the House and Senate.  But here I'll simply point out that the overwhelming majority of American voters have insisted on a new type of domestic agenda and world political discourse.  In the future I'll try to stay out of heated political rhetoric and try to focus on national and world issues that don't always make the headlines in the NY Times.  Or I'll chat about issues that do, but which I feel deserve a fresh glance or varying viewpoint.

Studies aside, I'm still recovering a bit from a wonderful weekend in Iowa, where my family joyfully celebrated my brother Jason's wedding to his best friend, Amber.  In addition to boogying down with my brothers and parents all night, I was able to see my amazing extended family from both coasts and celebrate my Grandma Rena's 86th (!) birthday with tons of tiny cousins running under foot.  The weekend was made even sweeter after a stop by my good friend Craig's house, where I watched football with his ten-day old son Jack asleep in my lap.  It was a weekend of the very best things in life.  I still feel blessed because of it.  



I'll be updating weekly - check back as you like.  

All the best,
Molly












No comments: