In the meantime, I'll share that this song has been chasing me through the weekend.
At every party, every bar, in the car, in shops, at the climbing gym, I've heard this song. And I love it for several reasons:
1) It's so hip and catchy! That T.I. is adorable.
2) This song makes me think of my brothers every single time I hear it. The first time I heard it we were celebrating my brother Jason's wedding on our post-wedding, pre-reception trolley ride in Des Moines in November. After a crazy search by Ryan and Nate for a sound system to to get the trolley rocking, someone put this song on and everyone went wild. It also followed us through our Christmas celebrations at home in Iowa - staying up too late on Christmas night, driving through the ice storm with Jay, Amber, Ryan, Nate and Max to Nate's house to play X-box with his roommates, then trudging back to our parents' house to fall asleep.
My brothers are my favorite people. I've recently added T.I. to my running playlist. It's so nice to be here, so far away, and then instantly be transported back to them in Iowa. Thanks, iPod and T.I., for bringing Scott, Jay, Ryan and Nate to me whenever I like.
No comments:
Post a Comment