Saturday, August 15, 2009

If I could, ya know I would

Any Wilco fans in the house? Below is a snippet of the last fantastic show I caught at the gorgeous Greek Theater on the UC Berkeley campus in late June. I was only able to catch a minute before my camera battery died, but this is the view from the amazing seats we snagged.

Full disclosure: Giving myself a FAIL for the videography.


It was such a beautiful, music-filled weekend at the Greek. Saturday night was Wilco, but Friday night we caught the the killer David Byrne show, which is probably the best live music performance I've had in the last five years. Byrne and his entourage - complete with a full band, back-up singers, classical modern dancers and during the finale a FULL FUNK MARCHING BAND and chearleaders- put on such an unbelievably high energy show. It's easy to understand why he still sells out venues even into his sixties. The man is genius and his show is genius. I didn't take this video, but it's a quality version of the show's finale.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In two days i will be re-familiarizing myself with the greatest concert experience of ALL my years. Wish you were gonna be there again. (this time they're playing with built to spill)