Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I love California


After sacrificing my soul to the public administration gods for two weekends in a row in February (eighteen days straight in class!), I felt like a free woman knowing that I had two (2!) free days this past weekend.  I spent one of the glorious days climbing with friends at Pinnacles State Park.  It's a majestic piece of land about 70 minutes southeast of Monterey.  

These photos are from a trip to Pinnacles on a beautiful day last October.  The weather was overcast and chilly as we climbed this past Saturday, but that didn't stop us from enjoying every minute of our trip.  We got in six or seven quality climbs, had a lovely day tramping around the rocks, pestered one another to bits, and gorged on some amazing Mexican on our way home through Hollister.  Mostly, I think we just enjoyed getting away from the Institute and pretending there wasn't a pile of work awaiting each one of us at home.

No comments: